DHI Hair transplant
What is DHI technique?
Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) is an improved FUE technology.
In FUE, the surgeon manually cuts channels in the scalp before the hair follicles are transplanted while DHI uses a special pen-shaped tool “Choi Implanter Pen” that can do both at the same time. It is a pen-like device with a 0.5-1.5mm hollow needle on one of its ends.
How DHI implantation works?
Here’s what you can generally expect during the procedure:
- The surgeon will shave your head and use a local anesthetic to numb it.
- The surgeon uses a fine-tipped instrument to remove hair follicles from the back of the head.
- Hair follicles are loaded into a pen-shaped tool and transplanted to the depilated area of the scalp.
- The surgeon will apply antibiotic cream and bandages over the affected area.
Advantages of Choi Hair Transplant
- DHI is the latest and cutting-edge technique in the hair transplant and hair restoration
- DHI considered the best minimally invasive technique for the extraction and the implantation, where micro instruments are used with a dimeter of 1 mm or less
- it’s a pain free and less recovery time technique
- The full control of the depth, the direction and the angle of placement ensures best natural results
Who is the best candidate for DHI Hair Transplant?
DHI Hair Transplantation is more appropriate for patients who have less hair loss. It is hard to perform hair transplant no more than 4000 grafts with DHI